Friday, March 28, 2008

Rick will Pawn your Noobs

I love this video for, oh, about 100 million reasons. Just a few: the white hoodies in the beginning that look stolen from a Klansman convention, the grainy vhs highlights of a stranger's wrestling career, the last minute of this video where the crowd erupts, the multiple occasions where Rick lifts people off their feet and slams them hard (2:46 especially), the ref slides and exaggerated motions (watch at :44, oh my!)...oh dear. I don't understand the wrestling culture, but this was fun to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Holy sh*t... that was pretty good stuff. I think the slam at 2:44 broke that poor kid's neck, didn't it? Jeez...

    Sliding refs are the ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have done without the Linkin Park, but man alive that slam at 2:46 is indeed jarring. Is that allowed? Grainy wrestling footage = good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a college wrestler, and I'd say that a few of those slams were probably illegal. You have to bring the other guy to the mat under control. The one where the other kid landed on his neck was definitely illegal. I also loved the overenthusiastic referee. That guy loves his job. Linkin Park was a horrible choice in music. Hell Bells would of been much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saddened that Rick's Wikipedia page downplays his wrestling might.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Suhr

    ReplyDelete