Tuesday, October 2, 2007

AV Wednesday: U-20 Soccer Players Visit Orphanage

I promised less videos, but this one is worth a post to itself. This video is about the US Under-20 women's soccer team at a Russian tournament. While there, they decided to visit an orphanage. A boys orphanage. In another country. And the women's team played soccer with them, even though they were risking injury. And they brought them gifts. Rarely have I felt prouder of the way an American team represented us. Thank you, whoever thought of this, for doing it, and to the players for agreeing to visit.



Note: I had another blog up a few hours ago. Then I decided I should sit on it for a few days. That's why it's gone now. I love not having many readers, ha; I can do such things easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment