Monday, May 21, 2007

Blatant Bias: Brett Favre and the Slacker Green Bay Front Office

Don Banksand Jemele Hill both recently slammed Favre for getting involved in the GM side of the business. I have a lot of respect for both of them, but I think they both messed up this time. Yes, Brett Favre is not a GM and shouldn't be trying to do other people's jobs...unless they aren't doing their jobs!

Since Ron Wolf left Green Bay, the front office has signed no significant free agents (unless you count Tim Couch?!?!) and made no real moves outside of the draft. I don't know if they are afraid to spend money or what, but they have done nothing in the last few years. Yes, it's tempting to blast Brett because of all the hero-worship he's gotten in the decade since his Super Bowl win, but shoot him for the right reasons. I like Don and Jemele's writing usually, but I think they didn't do their homework this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment